DISCOVER YOUR INNER ADVENTURE
May 28 – June 9, 2020 $7,500
Luxury Combined with Adventure
Planning the trip of a lifetime can be overwhelming, and with so many options to choose from, you’ll likely need to enlist an expert for a truly epic itinerary.
My trip takes all the hassle out of planning and allows you to visit one of the most fascinating places on earth.
6-passenger, safari vehicles with window seats for everyone on game drives led by expert safari guides!
Experience the ultimate wildlife adventure with this 13-day trip through some of the best wildlife reserves you'll ever see. Make memories to last a lifetime among the incredible animals and landscapes of southern Africa.
The Okavango Delta is an oasis that offers travellers an immersion into a world of wetland island and waterways, which are teaming with wildlife and luscious vegetation. The Okavango is a UNESCO World Heritage Site as well as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Africa.
The Delta covers between 6,000 and 15,000 square kilometers of the Kalahari Desert in northern Botswana and owes its existence to the Okavango River, which flows from the Angolan highlands across Namibian Caprivi Strip and into the harsh Kalahari Desert. It is home to a huge number of elephant, buffalo, lion, hippo, Black rhino and White rhino, giraffe, zebra, Red lechwe, shy antelope, as well as predators such as cheetah, leopard, African wild dogs and bird species.
The Botswana government has adopted a low-impact tourism model in order to reduce the number of tourists who filter through the reserve. Although this means prices are on the high side, it also results in some of the most tranquil safari experiences you could ever dream of, free from the madding crowds that characterize many other areas.
Day 1,2,3 Arrive at Victoria Falls International Airport and transfer to Pioneers Lodge. (Transfer included) Discover the magic of the most famous falls in the world known as: “The Smoke that Thunders.” Spend time at your leisure. (B)
Day 4,5,6 We will be picked up in comfortable vans to be transferred across the border into Botswana where we begin our African Safari. Starting first with a boat ride up the Chobe River to look for large herds of elephants, red lechwe and crocodiles sunning themselves on the banks of the river. Lunch will be provided after our riverboat and than transfer to the Kasane airport to fly to our all-inclusive Savuti Safari Lodge. Savuti is known for its large prides of lions and leopard sightings. Early morning and afternoon game drives will give us the chance to see predators large and small. (B,L,D)
Day 7,8,9 Charter flight to Khwai Wilderness Camping. Our fabulous guides will provide us with an all-inclusive Letaka Mobile Safari experience. Camping in mobile tents for three nights allows us to move deeper into the Okavango Delta. Glide through the Okavango Delta, water levels permitting, in a traditional mokoro (dugout canoe), observing aquatic life great and small, from massive hippos to tiny frogs. (B,L,D)
Day 10,11,12 All day safari game drive as we leave the Khwai concession and move to our newest accommodations, Camp Xakanaxa, which is located in the heart of the Moremi Game Reserve. Because of Camp Xakanaxa’s prime locations in Moremi, it offers guests and incredible experience both with animal sightings and water safari experiences. (B,L,D)
Day 13 Chartered flight to Maun. (B)
- Spacious and comfortable tented accommodation, including beds, bed linen and towels, with a private bathroom en-suite. (both stationary & mobile)
- Services of a professional guide, safari chef and camp assistants, complete with a supply vehicle.
- Game drives and local transfers in customized safari vehicles
- Transfers to and from Airport in Africa for this trip
- Exclusive camping in private campsites within the national parks and reserves
- All entrance and camping fees within the national parks and reserves
- All meals and drinks (mineral water, soft drinks, beer, wine and G&T) whilst in Letaka Tented Camps & Stationary “Luxury” tenting. Not at the B&B
- All activities as specified in the itinerary
- All flights while on safari as mentioned in itinerary.
- 12% Value Added Tax
- Travel Insurance (Mandatory)
- All flights unless otherwise indicated
- Items of personal nature
- Staff gratuities
- Optional safari extensions
- Any drinks at lodges or accommodation other than our Safari
KL SAFARI CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICIESCancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellation of the Safari needs to be in writing and is only effective on the receipt of such notification.
- Cancellation more than 60 days prior to departure, 50% penalty applies to total cost of tour
- Cancellation 46-60 days prior to departure, 75% penalty applies to total cost of tour (refund = 25%)
- Cancellation 45 days or less, 100% penalty applies. Trip is nonrefundable.
$1000 Deposit to confirm booking. First come basis. Balance due 8 weeks prior to departure. Payment by bank transfer, check, cash or credit card. For credit cards there is a 2.5% charge. Checks made out to Karen O’Connor.
I am happy to help with suggestions if visiting Cape Town or continuing onto another location. If you are interested in visiting the Kalahari after this trip, talk to me and I can help arrange your safari.
When looking at airlines, think about flying into Johannesburg, SA and taking a short flight from there to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.